27 Jun 2013

Minor in Consumption (MIC) at Country Stampede

0 Comment

With Country Stampede right around the corner, there are some things everyone should know to protect themselves and their records while still enjoying the concert. If you happen to receive a “Minor in Consumption” in the State of Kansas, during Country Stampede, or any time in the year, it is important to know exactly what you are facing. A minor in consumption, also known as an M.I.C., is a citation given to any minor who is under the age of 21 and found to have been drinking but does not have alcohol in his or her possession. In the state of Kansas, a Minor in Consumption is a Class C misdemeanor. A M.I.C. charge can be punishable by a hefty fine, hours of community service, and a certificate of completion of an educational program that deals with the effects of alcohol.  Often times an law enforcement officer will ask a minor suspected of having consumed alcohol to take a breathalyzer test.  Unless an automobile was involved or the minor was driving, it’s usually not mandatory for the minor to comply with the officer’s request to take a breathalyzer.

For a free consultation regarding your Minor in Consumption, contact a local Riley County Criminal Defense Attorney. The sooner you have contacted a Kansas attorney to represent you the sooner he or she can help you navigate your way through your Minor in Consumption and all the steps that will need to be taken in Pottawatomie County, Riley County, or Manhattan Municipal Court.  We offer services in Geary County, Pottawatomie County, Riley County, and Wabaunsee County and are happy to help you achieve a speedy, discrete resolution to your legal issue.

*Remember, this is not legal advice but simply to be used for informational purposes. I am not your attorney until a contract for my service has been created.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • * Copy This Password *

    * Type Or Paste Password Here *